Get ready for the Holiday season
Holiday parties can be a bane for slimmer’s trying to lose weight. Not only do they offer the temptations of excessive alcohol consumption and fatty buffets, but for many slimmer’s the idea of dressing up in front of their work colleagues can be intimidating.
Yet Holiday’s do not have to embody weight gain. By incorporating the following tips into your weight management programme, it is possible to maintain your existing weight loss and continue losing weight into the New Year.
Below are a range of weight loss tips that can help you to lose weight fast before the Holiday Season as well as maintain your diet plans even when you attend these parties:
1. Go for a walk – use your lunch break to go for a walk every day. Research has found increasing your walking time from 30 minutes a day to 45 minutes can increase fat loss by 60 calories a day
2. Eat only when you are genuinely hungry – often what we think are hunger pangs is our bodies way of telling us that we are thirsty. So next time you feel hungry drink half a glass of water and wait 15 minutes. If after 15 minutes you still feel hungry eat a piece of fruit or a cracker
3. Eat 5-6 small meals a day – split your meals into 5 equally sized meals of 300 calories. This will help to boost your metabolism, and prevent sudden drops in sugar levels which trigger hunger signals. NOTE: make sure you balance these 5 meals with foods from all nutrient groups
4. Try slimming pills – designed to help suppress your appetite, cut your fat intake, boost your metabolism and reduce your meal size, diet pills can help you to experience quick weight loss. NOTE: research all weight loss pills before trying them. Check for clinical trials, side effects and consult a physician
Celebrate the Holiday season in style
1. Alcohol is filled with hundreds of hidden calories that can cause you to gain weight without even realising it. The average pint contains over 250 calories, whilst spirit shots such as vodka contain up to 50 calories.
The trick is to be careful about which drinks you choose and to only drink in moderation.
– For every glass/shot/pint drink 1 glass of water. This will fulfil your need to keep your hands busy without accidentally causing you to get drunk. Similarly drinking water will reduce the feeling of bloating
– Replace alcohol with fruit juices or non alcohol drinks
– Bring just enough money to buy a couple of drinks, but no more. This will stop you from over drinking, but will still allow you to have fun
2. If your Holiday Party is offering a buffet then there are number of tricks you can use to stop you snacking on all night long and breaking your diet plan.
– Eat before you go. Eat a healthy and fulfilling meal before you go that you know will keep you full all night
– Go up to the buffet table once and fill your plate. The problem with buffets is because you know you can go up several times, you don’t fill your plates and end up eating 3 times more than you normally would. However fill your plate with everything you like the first time and you’ll feel satisfied and less inclined to go up again
3. Control where you are standing. If you are positioned close to the buffet table, you will subconsciously begin snacking on the foods close to you. However, position yourself on the other side of the room, and your mind will take on the motif – out of sight, out of mind.
4. Dance the night away! Enjoy yourself, get on the dance floor and use this opportunity to burn those excess calories.
How to get the best weight loss results
When seeking to lose weight modifying your eating habits, eating more fruit and vegetables and cutting your fat intake isn’t always enough.
The best diets incorporate a healthy balance of diet and exercise which work together to effectively help your body to burn fat, boost your metabolism and feel fuller for longer.
However, one of the biggest mistakes many slimmer’s make when trying to lose weight is either eating too little – thus not giving their bodies enough calories to support the functionality of their bodies – or they exercise too little.
Top 3 Weight Loss Tips
To experience the best weight loss results, you need to make a number of modifications to both your diet and your exercise regime. However there are also a number of other techniques you can incorporate which can easily help you to experience the weight loss results you crave.
1. Eat a healthy diet of carbohydrates, protein, fibre, vitamins and fat
Despite many misconceptions that excluding fat completely from your diet can help you to lose weight quickly, eating no fat at all can in fact have the opposite effect on your body. Without fat our bodies can not function properly. Why? Because our bodies need fats for energy!
For this reason it is essential that you keep a moderate amount of fat in your diet. The most effective diets create a balance between a high protein low fat diet, however it is important that you also make sure you maintain a healthy balance of fibres, carbohydrates and vitamins too.
Many slimming programmes recommend splitting your diet into 40% carbohydrates, 30% protein and 30% fats.
2. Regular exercise
One common mistake many slimmer’s make is focusing on one area of their body or following just one exercise routine.
Weight training in particular is often overlooked in weight loss plans because of its body building implications; however creating more muscle within your body is one of the most effective ways to increase your fat burn.
Research has found the more muscle you have, the more fat burn you will experience because surplus amounts of energy is needed to rebuild muscle after weight training.
However weight training is not enough. It is also essential to incorporate cardio and aerobics into your weight loss programme as these will work other essential muscles in your body.
The best weight management programmes recommend the following:
• 20-30 minutes of weight training, 3 times a week
• Two 45 minute cardio workouts a week which are alternated with two 45 minute aerobic workouts
3. Slimming Pills
If you find it hard to change your eating habits, then slimming pills could provide you with the weight loss support you are looking for.
Offering your body an instant metabolic jump start, there are a number of different weight loss pills you can try:
• Appetite suppressants – designed to manipulate the production of hormones within your body, appetite suppressants trick your mind into believing you are full when you are not
• Fat burners – renowned for speeding up the metabolic processes in your body, the faster your metabolic rate, the faster your fat burn
• Carbohydrate blockers – preventing the break down of starch into glucose, carbohydrate blockers stop the digestive enzyme Alpha Amylase from completing its jobs
• Fat blockers – made of soluble and non-soluble complex fibers, fat blockers bind with fat molecules to form a viscous solution which is too thick to be digested by the body